My established client are looking for a candidate who will work alongside the Inventory Planner and Customer Service Team to provide support for day-to-day management of the company’s inventory planning, as well as arranging import and export shipments.
What’s in it for me?
- Working for well-established, well-known, and fast-growing company
- 23 days holiday, plus the standard 8 Bank holidays
- Genuine career opportunities for the right candidate
- Year end bonus – based on company overall performance
Day to day duties
- Perform monthly forecast exceptions using Slimstock inventory planning software and prepare purchase orders for management approval and submission to suppliers;
- Coordinate all import and export shipments via email, telephone and freight forwarder web portal, working towards strict deadlines;
- Ensure Import Sea & Air shipments from Asia are scheduled on a timely basis from the supplier and booked with the Freight Forwarder, with all the necessary paperwork in place;
- Ensure documentation for Export shipments is prepared promptly and accurately for European road Freight movements
- Validate Supplier Invoices and accurate record-keeping of all purchase transactions.
- Maintain a central register of all Shipments and Purchase Orders on ERP system and update on a regular basis;
- Facilitate and maintain successful relationships with Suppliers, Freight Forwarders and Carriers;
- Maintain a central register of product specifications, prices, bar-codes, HS codes and duty rates;
- Perform regular analysis, reconciliations, problem solving and progress chasing of all shipments and invoices;
- Provide day-to-day support to Customer Service team for customer sales order processing and answering customer queries.
- Liaise with Company Management through meetings and reports on all active orders, shipments, invoices and payments due.
- Liaising with other departments within the business to ensure a smooth and pleasant customer experience.
- General office duties such as answering the phone and providing support to other members of the customer service team.
- Providing reports and analysis support to the sales team & other duties assigned by the management
What skills do i need?
- Experienced in inventory/warehouse/logistics, knowledge of basic planning, forecasting and stock projection principles essential.
- Experience in using Oracle ERP and Inventory Planning software would be helpful
- Excellent customer service, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Good IT skill especially in Excel, analytical, commercially astute, possessing good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and meeting strict deadlines.
Between 08.30am – 5:00pm Monday- Friday
(Minor adjustment to Start & Finish time + Working from Home arrangement due to Covid)